Friday, December 16, 2011

Every Day's a New Day

[note: i'm just going to pick up here like i never left off...]
What light is there to throw today?
1. Headstands. I've long grumbled that I don't know how to do headstands properly. Today - instead of my usual "I'm grumpy because everyone's doing headstands and i can't" - I called out to my teacher with a smile and asked "Cindy, could you show me how to do headstands?" EGO: Ha Ha Ha! I dismissed you! As Dear Guruji says -- Ego can't be gotten rid of, but you just keep it in your pocket.

She showed me how. I smiled and laughed with her. Silly silly.

2. Being 100%: Chetana needed my full attention today. I just sat on the floor with her and engaged in the activities she initiated. I listened to what she had to say. I spoke clearly and directly to her about what I was doing and why. Pretty cool. I'd been feeling rather lonely recently. Seems that has a lot to do with living in my head ... i.e., brooding over the past and planning planning planning for the future. Yes, reviewing the past & planing the future are necessary activities...But, we all know when enough has crossed over enough and we are simply a broken record of repeated thoughts - which is the definition of worry.

3. Chetana says "opposites": it's the cutest thing to here. I highly recommend saying the word "opposites" out loud and enjoying that "s-t-s" sound and kind of dropping the "o's" out of the equation. It seems to please her as much as saying "pasta" - here, too, dropping the "a" in the middle and repeating the sound several times over. Any suggestions of similar sound-involved words to introduce her to?