Sunday, October 30, 2011

Day Six: I'm on Film!

Truth be told, I’d rather be writing a humorous article about how I feel we must be the “bummer” house on the block for Halloween as we hand out Pretzels & Halloween Pencils! Yay! But, there’s more light to be thrown on today…

Today I experienced “if you’re not doing it my way, I am going to pout & be moody & be passive aggressive.” Yes, that was not the highlight of my Emotional Maturity. It was also not the first time.

I popped out of it a wee bit more quickly than I have in the past. Kudos to me. However, when you’re the mother of a little sweet child, it does seem very immature to be pouting around the house because “things are going the way I want them to!”

Luckily Chetana was in view most of the time which kept me from behaving in a keenly Emotionally Immature manner. However, it didn’t prevent the full show from happening.

Just this morning I was reading Sri Sri’s analogy of life being like a film. There is only one light that projects through the film images and depending on what’s on the film, that’s what we see – a villain or a hero, etc. It’s remembering that it’s all the same light or consciousness just playing different roles. That image helped bounce me back a bit. Now I’m just lolly-gagging in “woe is me. I did it again. I said I wouldn’t and I did.”

Well, holy moly kiddo, it’s done. Done. That’s just the same light projecting over here and playing that same role. OK. Done. Move on. Pray for the act to be up and let it be.