Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 1: Being with What Is

Day 1:
1st Moment in the Spotlight                
6:30 PM
Leaving Chetana (now 8 months old) with a babysitter last night brought up all sorts of fears --- even before I left the house. In fact, days before I left the house I could picture a screaming scene of little Chetana looking for Mommy & Mommy is not there! “Mommy Failure Fears” a-hoy! No doubts about the baby sitter’s abilities. All about me failing my baby.

The “Aha!” Moment of Wisdom
Yes, Chetana may wake up and look for Mommy. Mommy may not be there. Chetana may be upset and cry and cry and scream and cry and even go into one of those fits where she sounds like she can’t breathe she’s crying so hard.  And…Chetana will be OK. She will be upset. And then she will be OK. That’s it. End of story.