Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 8, Part 2: Bored in the Head

1:24 PM
Chopping vegetables. I am so lonely. I am so alone. I am alone. This stinks.

Wisdom?
Wisdom…? Wisdom…? Hmmm…

1:47 PM
Confirming friends on facebook. I don’t like being alone. I am all alone. I don’t know what to do…

Wisdom?
Silence

1:52 PM
Stopped the activity. Sitting outside looking out into the garden. Am I really lonely? Hmm…actually, I’m bored. Hmmm…

Wisdom, find me now!
Well, bored is really a state of mind and has nothing to do with what I’m doing. Looking up into the treetops and into the sky. Ahhhh…lovely. Deep, full breaths into the belly. Ahhh….my Prana is coming up and I’m feeling alive again. I can be sitting in the garden bored or I can be sitting in the garden pleased as pie that I can just sit in the garden with nothing to do. Amazing.

Boredom has nothing to do with what actions I’m engaged in. It’s all about the state of my mind. Wow. I’m feeling so much more alive right now. Awareness – turning my attention to what is going on – is life, is being alive. It’s when I’m in my head babbling away on empty thoughts that I’m not “present” / in the present moment – and then my Prana takes a nose dive. Amazing.

Just shifting my awareness to the present moment with a little shake of wisdom on top has taken me out of the “poor me” game. I’ve said it before. I’ll say it again. Jai Guru Dev. Victory to the Big, Smiling, Playful Mind.