Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 3: Unplugging to Plug In

Day 3:
Spotlighted Moment
2:05 PM 
Chatie is napping and I’m feeling anxious. Rushing. Rushing. Rushing. I’ve hurried two friends off the phone. Rushed with squinting eyes through a web search for “chanting for kids” and…. It would go on and on. But I’ve stopped. Cold turkey. Pulled the plug on the “busy-ness” and “doership.” That “I’ve-got-to-hurry-up-and-get-it-all-done-before-she-wakes-up! – ness.”

Wisdom! Find me now!
Hmmm…Well, pulling the plug on the “busy” or, as yogis say, “rajastic” mind is the way to go here to get back to a “centered” or “saatvic” mind. (Feeling “dull” in the head and lazy in the body is the sign of a “tamasic” mind.) I may be moving fast, but I’m really spinning my wheels and just getting more and more anxious. I’m finishing this sentence, putting down the computer, closing my eyes & meditating.

2:38 PM
Here’s to meditation! Twenty minutes, twice a day. Makes me the Mommy I am today. Send every mom, pregnant woman…everyone…to learn Sahaj Samdhi in the Art of Meditation Course. I didn’t “unplug.” I actually “plugged in” to my wealth of silence and focus and calm and infinite energy inside me.  My mind is now so focused, calm and feels super efficient. I’m going to get on the phone with the cable company now…no exhaustion in me. I say it again – Jai Gurudev – Victory to the Big, Playful, Wise Mind.

Need a meditation now? There a wonderful bunch of online guided meditations by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar - some as short as 7 minutes, if that's what you've got. But, don't jip yourself out of a longer meditation!