Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 10: Whiz! Bang! Flop…

10:08 AM
Well, that’s how I felt this morning when considering this here blog. “Well…hmmm…yeah….well…hmmm..” Not the Whiz!-Bang!-Wahoo! of just a few days ago. The bounce had gone out of my blim-blam.

Wisdom Moment? Let’s see…
Well, this is commitment jumping up! Who cares how I “feel” about it. I gave my word to myself that I would do one post per day for 30 days. Buzzer hasn’t gone off yet. Still more days to go. For whose benefit do I keep posting. For me! (It’s true.) Keeping my word to myself is oh so invigorating. It lets me experience myself as bigger than the fleeting thoughts and emotions. And it makes me dependable, centered, constant. 

And, it reminds me that the “wow” isn’t in the thing I’m doing, it’s in me. “I’m juicy.” Sri Sri Ravi Shankar uses the example of the dog chewing a bone and enjoying the juiciness of the bone when in fact it’s the bleeding of the dog’s own gums that gives the juice. “You are juicy!” It’s not the thing out there. The joy is from within and we hook it on people, events, situations. Come inside to the joy!