Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 19: Friendliness, Day 3 – "I Belong to you!"

Got it! It’s not about what I DO to be Friendly. It’s how I experience myself as connected to the whole wide world. Yes? And, it’s not just Friendliness – which I do really well with (even with my eyes closed). It’s about that feeling of Belonging. “I belong to you!” Get that & you've got the whole game figured out. Boy, oh, boy. To really get that “I belong to you.” What would that look like?

When a car goes by our house, I tell Chatie “There goes our neighbor in a blue car.” Or “There goes our neighbor in a black car.” That way it’s not just relating to the metal box on wheels, but to the person in the car. Can I relate to everyone I see (and don’t see) as Mishpacha? Familia? My people? Not by measuring what I do, but in my heart. Wow, that just makes me smile to think about life from that point of view. Chatie’s world experience is that, isn’t it. Let's be one who fosters that oneness in her that knows the whole world and everyone in it to belong to her. May she foster that spark in me, too.