Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 11: Life @ 100%


Last night I watched Sri Sri Ravi Shankar’s talk on the Bhagavad Gita – Chapter 5. The message: Be in action. And be a renunciant – someone who renounces the world. How to do both? Be in the world. Take action and let the mind drop its judgements, attachments to the outcome of the actions. Sure! Sounds easy enough. Then I think, “So, how do I take action in relation to my daughter, yet not be attached to the outcome?” Tricky, tricky. Sri Sri gives this direction – Do everything 100%.  

My self-directed marching orders “Do everything 100%” and see what shakes out.

8:07 AM – Feeding Chetana and thinking about the day’s plans.
ZAP! Being 100% -- feeding Chetana & now watching her movements, her eyes opening and closing half way as she falls to sleep, the limpness coming to her body. So sweet!

9:?? AM – Shavasana at the end of my morning yoga practice and thinking about getting some good rest these next few weeks before the Fall season of business and won’t it be good to…blah blah blah
ZAP! Being 100% - won’t it…and…remember…….

11:02 AM – Carrying things up the stairs. I can fit one more thing in my hands and then up the stairs and then…
ZAP! Being 100% - Carefully carrying just what I have in my hands. Putting it down and then moving on to the next thing…

Wow! Life at 100% is easier – it drops the activity in the mind. And it’s more efficient. I’m getting done what’s in front of me more quickly and accurately.

Check out this awesome book: Life @ 100% (on the YES+ Website and the IPhone App --- I keep it on the coffee table so I can read from it throughout the day & share it with friends and family.