Sunday, August 21, 2011

Day 30-3: I’m just waiting on a friend


7:28pm – I’m meditating while Chetana is falling off to sleep in the other room. And, her falling to sleep most often involves some noises – I think of them as her end-of-the-day Bursts of Energy! to shout out so she can sleep. Well, it would probably be best to wait for her to be asleep so I can relax and let go into the meditation. However, I’m not doing that today.

Wisdom?
Here it is: I allow myself to just be completely in the moment – not awaiting the next little burst of sound from Chetana (which, in fact, may or may not come). And, I drop the thoughts of calculating her total possible sleep as a result of the “delayed” bedtime. And I just sit in the moment. I’m not waiting for anything. I am just here. I notice my eyes relax  - although I had not noticed they were tense. My jaw is next. And I slip off into my meditation…and, at some point I realize, Chetana is quiet, too.

I look to bring this skill to the times I find myself waiting – which is so much a part of our life, isn’t it? Practicing the art of a calm mind that just “is” while the body waits.

Here it is… Jai Gurudev! Victory to the Big Playful & Wise Mind.