Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 23: Friends / Family, Day 7 – It is what it is.


11:02 AM – Birthday card hand delivered to our neighbor in celebration of her 80th Birthday~
8:21 PM – over dinner my mom & I recall my childhood friends.

Wisdom:
It’s easy to say “Oh, I’m this way because such & such happened to me when…” or “I’m like this because I did [you name it] as a kid…”  That’s really a useless game – 1. Of sifting through the past to see what caused what --- useless; 2. Of saying “oh, it happened to me…I am the victim…I am like this because…” ---- useless.

Whatever happened has happened. Over done. Kaput. And, in blaming something/someone, etc., we are putting ourselves at the “mercy” of the situation. We are weakened. Taking responsibility is power. This is what is. And this is what I do now. And that’s just how it is.  So much power is available to us when we are just with whatever “is.” Then we can act with clarity. We’re not reacting or looking for others to solve our problems.  Off we go…into the wild blue yonder!