Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 16: Friendliness (& Cantaloupes)

8:48 AM – Chopping cantaloupe and eating cantaloupe and chopping and eating. Delicious! I should share this with folks! It’s just perfectly ripe right now and another moment seems too long to waste in devouring it. Chetana & I delivered another cantaloupe to a neighbor two days back. But…this one is already chopped up. Is it weird to share a cut melon? Maybe we shouldn’t offer it to folks…

Oh, What the Hey!
I find an open jar & fill it to the rim with ripe cantaloupe. For whom? Chetana’s music group leader Ms. Patti. She’s a sweetheart and seems to be a perfect candidate.
And…I’d like Chetana to experience sharing her favorite things with people in her life. It’s one of life’s sweetest & most natural inclinations. Let’s nurture it.

12:05 PM
Carrying Chetana and our little bag for Ms. Patti.
“Ms. Patti, this is for you.”
“Cantaloupe! I love healthy snacks! No one has ever given me cantaloupe before. How sweet.” Kisses to Chetana.
Thanks, Ms. Patti, for showing us how easy it is to be friendly & grateful & in love!