Saturday, August 6, 2011

Day 14: Worrying is to Exhaustion | as | Lifting Boulders & Dropping on Your Toe is to Exhaustion

I can spend a lot of time contemplating. Then worrying. Then being anxious. Then regretting. It goes something like this…”I don’t know what to do. What should I do? There’s so much to do. What if I do the wrong thing? I think I made a mistake. I made a mistake. Oh, no. I made a mistake…”

1 minute of worrying = 10 minutes of hard physical labor = total exhaustion
Ergo –
Mental exhaustion (the broken record of worry, regret, anxiety, etc.) is just as hard on the body as lifting boulders and putting them down on your toe…over and over.

Wisdom!
7:04 PM Chetana is crying and my mental game has started…”I don’t know what to do? What’s the right thing to do?…” HALT!

The little wisdom bird chirps, “Hold on, Holy Babbler! Just make a choice. Go with it. And then relax. You can reassess later. But, for now, just take the action and be done with it.”

Voila! I choose to let her work this out on her own. Right? Wrong? Who the heck can know – nobody! So, take the action. See what happens. Reassess as needed. And when the “Oh, no!” burps in my head? Just smile at it and say, “It’s OK. We took this action 100%. When we’re finished with the action, we can reassess. But! Don’t delay the action because of the babbling mind! Take action. Take action. Take action.” That’s Life @ 100%!