Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 18: Friendliness, Day 2 – “Ahoy There, Neighbor!”

We’re notching up the friendliness meter. Today? Made sure to introduce ourselves to all the other kids & grown ups at the reading circle. Stopped the car & got out to say hello to our neighbor only to discover she’s celebrating her 80th Birthday on Saturday – Yahoo!

To be honest…I don’t think I’ve sent the Friendliness Meter off the charts. I’ve upped the top note a bit, but not through the roof – which is what I’m asking of myself.

Shine the Spotlight on Me!
Well, it’s more than Friendliness here. It’s Belongingness. (If that’s not a word, than let it now be so.) A sense of belonging. Like when I saw my friend after 20 years & we just fell into our old rhythm. That’s family. That’s belongingness. Not just pleasantries and “Hello, How are you.” But taking it to where Chetana is.

“That lady over there is as much my Cousin as my cousin,” Chetana would say if she could say. “I love everyone! I am love.” All babies got it. Which means all adults had it --- and, in fact, still have it. So, it’s just hiding in there under layers of EGO. “What if they laugh at me…” And all that stuff.

The Great Fear of Humiliation. Biggest fear there is --- public speaking. Why? Humiliation. Ego. Can’t get rid of your ego. And, for goodness sake, don’t try to. Just tuck it into your pocket.

So…Onward, Love Warrior! In Peace & Belongingness & Love! Let’s experience One World Family!